Alaska Adventure 55 Ways by John Wolfe Jr. & Rebecca Wolfe
Alaska's beloved guide book, first published a half a century ago, has been reimagined and offers up everything from quick day trips to weeklong expeditions. Consider Alaska Adventure 55 Ways your passport to discovering scrambles up mountain summits, backcountry canoe trips, pleasant forest strolls, treks to wilderness cabins, invigorating backpacking trips, cross-country ski tours, opportunities for wild skating, and mountain bike and fat-tire bike thrills.
- Emphasis on traverse and loop routes
- Suggestions for shortening or extending your trip
- Comprehensive turn-by-turn trial descriptions
- Trip details including distance, high point, elevation gain, recommended season, trail surface and grade, Indigenous land, and trailhead GPS coordinates
- Full-color photographs and detailed maps
- Options for family-friendly outings
- At-a-glance table to help you choose trips by skill level, mode of travel, and attractions
Father-daughter team John and Rebecca Wolfe present activities spanning Southcentral Alaska, including the Kenai Peninsula, Anchorage front range, Matanuska and Susitna Valleys, and Copper River Basin. The guide encompasses Chugach and Denali State Parks, the Chugach National Forest, Kenai Fjords and Wrangell-St. Elias National Parks, wildlife refuges, and more. With so many destinations and mode of travel, Alaska Adventure 55 Ways delivers a lifetime of adventures.